Thank you for your interest in working at SEEQS!
We seek passionate, energetic individuals who love learning and who love collaborating to help others learn. SEEQS faculty members are team players committed to making the SEEQS vision– the school culture, academic excellence, and interdisciplinary, community-based work– a reality.
SEEQS team members are adults who:
Learn more about the philosophy behind Teaching at SEEQS.
Check out our FAQ about working at a Hawaii public charter school (including transferring from a DOE school).
View our Personnel Policies.
Our Hiring Process
- Application: After reading our website thoroughly to clearly understand our mission, values, philosophy, and school schedule, please prepare and submit the following items to email@example.com (as attachments in user-friendly formats) with the position title in the subject line.
- Resume stating your qualifications and relevant experience (max 2 pages)
- Statement of interest that answers the question “Why are you an excellent candidate for SEEQS?” in the form of a written letter, a video, or some other format that best helps you to tell us more about yourself (max three minutes of audio or video, one single-spaced page, or the equivalent)
- Interview Round 1: Candidates for this round will be interviewed by telephone. SEEQS will contact candidates to schedule a 20-minute interview.
- Interview Round 2: Candidates who are invited to the second round of the interview process must prepare a portfolio or e-portfolio with examples of teaching practice and student work (or similar for non-teaching roles), which may include a video sample, to share with an in-person interview team. Candidates will also be expected to teach a short lesson to a real audience of SEEQS students.
- Interview Round 3: Candidates who are invited to our third and final interview phase take part in a collaborative work session with SEEQS faculty. During the activity, candidates and faculty work together on a project relevant to the school.
Final candidates will be expected to provide three to five references: letters and/or contact information. Applicants are encouraged to include references from supervisors, colleagues and students. Final candidates must also complete an employment application and provide college or university transcripts and proof of licensure (if applicable).