Paraprofessional Tutor (PPT)
SEEQS is hiring Paraprofessional Tutors to work under the direction of SEEQS teachers in the classroom setting for the remainder of the 2018-19 School Year.
- Provide individual and group tutoring to students designed to reinforce the instructional/lesson objectives planned by the teacher.
- Serve as the "on-site" direct adult supervisor to a student or a group of students to insure that assigned activities are carried out. Activities may include discussion, hands-on investigations, or interaction.
- Provide opportunities for exceptional learners to succeed and develop confidence in their strengths.
- Focus on working with one exceptional learner and be able to work as a part of the classroom community as that student grows more independent.
- View each students' progress with a a growth mindset and collaborate with other school community members to support exceptional learners
- Work to develop awareness of strengths and weaknesses and encourage students to advocate for themselves using their self-knowledge.
- Generate and assist teachers with gathering data toward objective, measurable IEP goals.
- Implement classroom, school, and behavior management strategies as necessary that are aligned with SEEQS's philosophy and with students' Individualized Education Plans.
Pay rate is $13.34/hr. This is a casual hire position. Work hours will be between 8:30 am and 3:30 pm on weekdays.
- love working with and being mentor for young people
- able to communicate effectively with students and adults in a timely manner
- collaborates productively
- dependable and on-time
- flexible and open to feedback
- commitment to learning from and contributing to our SEEQS community
- high school diploma or equivalent
How to Apply
First, read our website thoroughly so you understand our mission, values, philosophy, and school schedule. Then, submit a resume stating your qualifications and relevant experience (max 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please briefly describe why you think you'd be a good fit for the SEEQS community. Please also use the subject line to indicate the position you are applying for. This position will remain posted until filled.