Educational Assistant (EA)
SEEQS is hiring a part time Educational Assistant to work under the direction of SEEQS teachers in the classroom setting for the 2018-2019 School Year.
- Provide individual and group support to students in order to reinforce the instructional/lesson objectives in activities planned by the teacher for the students.
- Serve as an additional direct adult supervisor for students to insure that assigned activities are carried out. Activities may include discussion, hands-on investigations, or interaction.
- Provide opportunities for exceptional learners to succeed and develop confidence in their strengths.
- View each student’s progress with a growth mindset and collaborate with other school community members to support all learners
- Work to develop awareness of students’ strengths and weaknesses and encourage students to advocate for themselves using their self-knowledge.
- Implement classroom, school, and behavior management strategies as necessary that are aligned with SEEQS's philosophy and with students' Individualized Education Plans.
Pay rate is $13.34-$16/hr, based on education and experience, and may be subject to the DOE's casual hire rate and/or the HGEA salary scale (EA). Work hours are 9:20-1:30 most days, and 9:30-3:00 on Wednesdays. Additional hours may be available on occasion.
- love working with and being mentor for young people
- able to communicate effectively with students and adults in a timely manner
- collaborates productively
- dependable and on-time
- flexible and open to feedback
- commitment to learning from and contributing to our SEEQS community
- high school diploma or equivalent
How to Apply
First, read our website thoroughly so you understand our mission, values, philosophy, and school schedule. Then, submit a resume stating your qualifications and relevant experience (max 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please briefly describe why you think you'd be a good fit for the SEEQS community. Please also use the subject line to indicate the position you are applying for. This position will remain posted until filled.